Craving a vegan chicken noodle? Use this super simple recipe to satisfy that craving!
Whenever you’re feeling under-the-weather, or just in need of some comfort, most people look to food! A popular comfort food choice is chicken noodle soup. Chicken noodle soup obviously normally contains chicken, but this one doesn’t! It’s the best vegan chicken noodle soup recipe. That’s right! It’s vegan. Also, this vegan chicken noodle soup recipe is super easy, so you can start feeling better ASAP!
What if I don’t like seitan?
We use seitan in this recipe. But, if you’re not a fan of seitan or if you’re trying to make this recipe gluten-free, then it will work with whatever meat substitute you have on hand.
Vegetable broth for chicken noodle soup?
This recipe for the best vegan chicken noodle soup uses vegetable broth. Store-bought or homemade is fine. Vegetable bouillon works too! If you want more of a chicken flavor, you can use vegan chicken-flavored bouillon.
As always, season to taste. Put in your spices carefully. You can always put more in, but it’s much harder to take them out.
Enjoy this delicious and easy chicken noodle soup recipe! Let us know in the comments how much you enjoyed it.
Vegan Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 yellow onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup carrots diced
- 1 cup celery diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 TBSP vegetable oil
- 6 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup fettuccine cut into 1-inch long pieces
- 1 package Seitan
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 1 TBSP maple syrup optional
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat the vegetable oil, onion, celery, and garlic over medium heat for 5 minutes
- Add the broth, then bring to a boil
- Add the pasta, then boil for approximately 5 minutes
- Add the seitan, nutritional yeast, apple cider vinegar, and maple syrup (optional)
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
Looking for some more vegan comfort?
Fresh Vegan Waffles with Maple Syrup
Vegan Meatloaf with Mushrooms and Lentils
Simple Vegan Fried Chicken Recipe