This recipe for a cake-based chocolate-glazed vegan donut is incredibly easy and delicious! Plus, it uses ingredients you already have in your pantry!
Are donuts vegan?
One of the foods I crave most often is a donut. Yet, for a while after I became vegan I didn’t eat any donuts at all, simply because I couldn’t find any vegan donuts! You can imagine how hard this was for me.
Just kidding! You still won’t find a vegan Dunkin Donut or a vegan Krispy Kreme donut. But, it is becoming easier and easier to find vegan donuts! However, when that craving strikes and you’re out of reach of your favorite store-bought vegan donut, reach for this recipe for Vegan Chocolate-Glazed Cake Donuts!
People definitely overestimate how hard it is to make a donut, especially a vegan donut. Don’t worry, it’s much easier than you think. And it’s tastier too!
Experiment with your toppings! Our recipe calls for a coconut shred topping, but you can easily replace it with whatever sounds good to you. Use rainbow sprinkles for a pop of color, or go all-in on the chocolate by using chocolate sprinkles or mini chocolate chips!
Vegan Chocolate-Glazed Cake Donuts
- Donut Pan
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix together the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda in a large bowl
- Incorporate the non-dairy milk, lemon juice, and vanilla extract into the dry mixture
- Fill each section of a greased donut pan until each donut is 3/4 of the way full
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Let cool for 10 minutes, until slightly warm to the touch
- Pour chocolate glaze onto each donut
- Optional: sprinkle shredded coconut onto each donut
Enjoy these vegan chocolate-glazed cake donuts the next time you’re in need of a vegan donut. Let us know how it goes!
For more vegan breakfast recipes, check out:
If you’re in need of a more filling sweet breakfast treat, check out these recipes for vegan waffles or vegan pancakes!
For a savory breakfast main dish, we like these vegan breakfast burritos or this vegan breakfast sandwich!