Ever wondered how to make vegan cheesecake? It’s easier than you’d think. This recipe for a vegan version of a classic cheesecake recipe is simple!
Don’t think for a second that you’ll have to stop eating your beloved classic cheesecake just because you’re vegan! With a few easy swaps, we’ve made sure that this Classic Vegan Cheesecake recipe is every bit as good as you remember.
Seriously, cheesecake has been one of the easier recipes to replicate in vegan form. I know what you’re thinking: “An easy vegan cheesecake recipe?” It’s true! This recipe is a bit time-consuming, but trust me, it’s worth it to have the best vegan cheesecake ever.
This recipe works best if you have a food processor to blend your cashews. Using a blender might result in some grainy cheesecake.
When you’re shopping, make sure to get raw cashews. Skip over any cashews that are roasted or salted. The flavor and texture of your cheesecake will not be the same.
Also, make sure to check that the graham crackers you buy do not contain honey. They’re a bit harder to find, but they’re out there!
Vegan Classic Cheesecake
- Cheesecake Pan
- Food processor
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 F˚
- Put the cashews in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Let sit for 1 hour.
- Grease a cheesecake or pie pan well
- In a bowl combine graham cracker crumbs and vegan butter
- Place the graham cracker crumb mixture in the bottom of the greased pan and press until it is firm
- Place pan in oven and cook for 10 minutes
- Prepare the cheesecake filling in a food processor by adding the drained cashews, vanilla, maple syrup, non-dairy milk, salt, coconut oil, and lemon juice. Mix until texture is smooth.
- Spread the filling over the crust.
- Let stand in the freezer for 3 hours.
- Optional: let rest for 1 hour
- Garnish with slices of lemons if desired, and serve.
If you’re looking for some more vegan desserts, check out:
These Delicious Chocolate-Glazed Vegan Cake Donuts!
These Simply Delicious Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies