Fuel up for a busy day with these Vegan Breakfast Burritos. High in protein and rich in vitamin B12, they will keep you energized all morning and will give your body a nutritional boost!
Struggling to find grab-and-go vegan breakfast ideas? These Vegan Breakfast Burritos are quick to make and will fuel your body with energy and nutrients to tackle the day!
For more vegan breakfast ideas, read: Easy Vegan Breakfast Ideas to Start Your Morning Right!
If you are a new vegan, you might like What Does a Vegan Diet Look Like?
What makes these Vegan Breakfast Burritos healthy?
Tofu is a good source of plant-based protein. It’s derived from soy and has the full amino acid profile. This means that your body can use the protein to build and repair itself. Soy has been found to potentially lower cholesterol levels and prevent cancer.
Nutritional yeast is similar to the yeast we use in bread baking. However, as its name states, it’s highly nutritious. It’s high in vitamin Bs and also contains minerals. It’s a great source of vitamin B12 for vegans. It also has a slightly cheesy flavor which helps with vegan cheese substitutes.
Turmeric is a well-known anti-inflammatory. So if you’re struggling with painful joints, the turmeric in these breakfast burritos can only help.
How to make these Vegan Breakfast Burritos
Here are a few tips to help you make this recipe:
Use your fingers to crumble the tofu and add the spices
Firm and extra-firm tofu crumbles a bit like feta cheese. Use your fingers to break it up into small pieces. Add the spice and mix well with a spoon.
Sauté the tofu or you can scramble it in a pan
You can sauté the tofu for 8 minutes before dividing it between the burritos. You can also scramble the tofu in the pan. If you don’t have burritos, you can toast a slice or two of vegan bread to make scrambled tofu on toast.
You might like this Easy Homemade Vegan Bread Recipe.
Serve these burritos with fresh baby spinach and cherry tomatoes. They can keep in the refrigerator for 3 days, but freeze very well.
You might also like this Vegan Breakfast Sandwich Recipe
Our Favorite Vegan Breakfast Burritos
- ½ lb firm or extra-firm tofu
- 1 t turmeric
- 1 t onion powder
- 1 T nutritional yeast, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 t olive oil
- 4 vegan tortillas
- Baby spinach and cherry tomatoes
- In a bowl, break the tofu into small pieces using your fingers.
- Sprinkle the turmeric, onion powder, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper on top and mix well.
- Add the oil to a skillet or pan and heat over medium heat. Add the tofu mixture and sauté for 8 minutes.
- Heat the tortillas according to the package instructions.
- Divide the mixture evenly amongst the 4 tortillas.
- Garnish with baby spinach and fold both sides of the tortilla and roll.
- Cut each tortilla in half and serve.