These vegan biscuits and gravy are the perfect comfort food! They’re delicious and surprisingly easy to make!
Everyone loves biscuits and gravy. They are one of the best and most versatile comfort foods that you’ll be able to find! This is the best vegan biscuits and gravy recipe! Plus, it makes for some easy vegan biscuits and gravy!
You may be wondering:
Are biscuits vegan?
The answer is, no, usually they are not. Typical biscuit recipes use butter. That being said, always ask! There’s always a chance that the biscuits you’re after are vegan!
This is about the consistency your dough should have when it is ready to be baked. For proper biscuit shaping, roll out your dough until it is about 1 inch thick. Then, use something circular to cut out each biscuit. If you have a circular cookie cutter on hand, it would be perfect. Otherwise, no need to go out and buy one. Look for something else circular in your kitchen! Another good option is an empty can or glass, but anything will work.
This is a twist on the traditional recipe for vegan gravy for biscuits. We’re using corn, peas, and carrots to add a burst of flavor to this gravy! Feel free to leave them out if you’re looking for a traditional gravy.
You can also use whatever biscuit topping you like. Some of my favorites are jam and/or vegan butter! Let me know in the comments what you like to put on your vegan biscuits! Anything I absolutely have to try?
Comforting Vegan Biscuits and Gravy
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 4 TBSP vegan butter cold
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup celery diced
- 1/4 cup carrot grated
- 1/4 cup green peas
- 1/4 cup frozen corn
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix well
- Cut butter into the dry mixture
- Add the milk. Mix until just combined
- Place dough on a floured surface. Roll until dough is cylindrical
- Cut dough cylinder into slices about 1 inch thick
- Place biscuits onto a greased baking sheet
- Place baking sheet into oven and cook for 15-18 minutes
- While your biscuits are cooking, prepare the gravy
- Place a saucepan on medium heat
- Pour your milk into the saucepan
- Slowly add the flour to your milk. Stir continuously until the mixture has thickened
- Add celery, green peas, carrots, and corn to your saucepan. Cook for 4 more minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Pour a generous amount of gravy on top of cooked biscuits. Enjoy!