These easy vegan rice crispy treats are a vegan version of a beloved childhood delicacy!
As kids, we all loved eating crispy rice treats. They’re sweet, they have an amazing texture, and they’re packed full of marshmallows! What’s not t0 love? Unfortunately, most store-bought crispy rice treats are not vegan. Luckily, that doesn’t mean that you have to give them up! This is a recipe for vegan rice crispy treats. No gelatin, guaranteed!
How do I find vegan marshmallows?
Most marshmallows contain gelatin. So, we’ve developed our own vegan recipe! Vegan Marshmallow Recipe! They’re delicious and quite easy to make.
If you’re looking to buy some vegan marshmallows in-store, look for the Dandies brand. They make all-vegan marshmallows. If you have a Trader Joe’s near you, their store brand of marshmallows is also vegan.
If you have some cool-shaped pans on hand, up the fun by using those! Or, cut down on time and use muffin pans!
You can cut this version of the best vegan rice crispy treats into squares if you want, but you can also experiment with different shapes! Use a cookie cutter or a knife for best results.
Vegan Crispy Rice Treats
- Large Pot
- Greased Dish
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1 cup vegan marshmallows
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 cups puffed rice cereal
- In a large pot, melt your butter over low heat
- Add the marshmallows and vanilla to the pot. Cook until marshmallows are melted
- Remove from heat and mix in the puffed rice cereal
- Pour the mixture into a greased dish. Cover and let cool for 1 hour
- Slice into your preferred shapes. Enjoy!